Recruitment has always been an intricate task for the talent acquisition teams as it involves finding the right talent in quality time. So, it is vital to have a recruiting strategy that allows you to move as quickly and efficiently as possible through the hiring process. Especially in a competitive job market. By following the right recruiting tips, you will ensure that the top talent becomes part of your workforce.
Top 6 Recruiting Tips to Accelerate Your Hiring Process
The following recruiting tips will help you attract the best candidates and get the right hires for your organization.
1. Utilize Multiple Channels to Reach Qualified Candidates
Post your job openings on job boards and social media platforms frequented by your target audience. Social recruiting has never been more popular, and it is a great way to reach a large number of potential candidates quickly. Popular social platforms for candidate sourcing are LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
These platforms can get your job descriptions in front of as many qualified candidates as possible. Still, they can help you communicate elements of your company culture, achievements, and values that may be important to potential candidates.
2. Leverage an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
An ATS is the best investment you can make to enhance your recruitment strategy and speed up the hiring process. This innovative hiring solution helps you manage your recruitment process by automating the tracking of resumes and applications. It will save you tons of time and make finding the best candidates for your job openings easier.
When you choose the right ATS, like Oorwin’s all-in-one ATS, you can streamlineyour hiring process from end to end. It integrates seamlessly with job boards, social media, and email marketing platforms to help you find the best candidates quickly. With Oorwin, you can easily post your job openings on social media, manage resumes and applications, and track the progress of your recruiting process, all from a single sign-in.
3. Move Candidates Through the Pipeline Quickly
Time kills all deals, and we aren’t just talking about sales. This is even true in recruiting and hiring. The faster you can move candidates through the hiring process, the more likely you are to make a hire. Here are a the steps you can take to speed up your hiring process:
- Eliminate unnecessary steps in your approach.
- Use an ATS that helps you find the best candidates quickly.
- Communicate with candidates frequently and keep them updated on their status.
- Communicate rapidly with your clients and account managers to be on the same page.
- Make a decision soon and stick to it. Don’t drag out the process to make sure you are making the “right” decision.
4. Engage Passive Candidates
You probably already know that most highly-qualified candidates aren’t looking. They are happily employed and not actively seeking a new job. However, that doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be interested in a great opportunity if it came their way.
One of the best ways to find these candidates is by engaging them in the recruiting process. Attracting the best passive candidates begins with having a fully developed recruitment strategy that includes an outreach process. Be sure that your outreach process includes the following:
- Build a strong employment brand and promote it through your social media and job posting.
- Utilize various communication channels to reach out to candidates – email, job boards and social media.
- Leverage recruiting software that automates the process and helps you find the best candidates quickly.
It’s important that you effectively engage these passive candidates and immediately sell them the role (if it is a good fit).
5. Keep an Open Mind and Eliminate Hiring Bias
This tip may seem obvious, but many overlook its importance. The best candidate for the job may not be the first one that comes to mind. It is essential to keep an open mind and be prepared to interview anyone who meets the qualifications for the position. This is essential if you want to eliminate unconscious hiring bias from your recruitment cycle. Resume parsing software is an excellent tool to help you vet candidates objectively and eliminate bias from the equation.
6. Standardize Your Interview Structure
Your interview process should be the same for every qualified candidate. To ensure this is the case, we recommend that you standardize your interview structure. This can be done by following these steps.
- Develop a list of must-haves for any role you are hiring for.
- Create interview questions that focus on the skills and experience that are most important for the role
- Ask the same questions of every candidate to make a fair comparison
- Grade candidates on a scale from 1-to 5
Get the latest Oorwin releases, updates, success stories & industry news