According to the current market scenario, one of the recently found ways of recruitment has been social recruiting to both recruiters and the candidates. According to LinkedIn, 56% of the job seekers use social professional networks and the top recruiters are 60% more engaged with the LinkedIn recruiting tools. In the coming future, there is a surge expected in social recruitment due to the launch of new applications and the increase in the number of users. So, in this article let us get the big picture of social recruitment.
- What is Social Recruiting?
- How does Social Recruiting work?
- Which Social Media Platforms to use?
- Benefits of Social Recruiting
- Social Recruiting Best Practices
- Social Recruiting with Oorwin
Let’s get started by understanding what is social recruiting.
What is Social Recruiting?
Social Recruiting or commonly known as Social Recruitment is the process of sourcing or recruiting candidates by using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Social Recruitment also refers to the usage of online forums such as blogs and other websites to advertise jobs and find information on candidates where job seekers look for opportunities.
Most of the organizations are shifting from traditional marketing to this newly launched social recruitment as it continues to gain popularity. One of the study shows that 62% of the job seekers use social media channels to evaluate the employer brand of a company and nearly 49% of professionals are following companies on social media with the intent to stay aware of their jobs. So, it is of utmost importance for every organization to maintain its social presence and communicate its identity as a workplace.
But how does it work? Next, in this article let us understand how does social recruitment work?
How does Social Recruiting work?
Social Recruitments works for both recruiters and job seekers in a similar manner. Recruiters believe that social media recruitment has made it very easy to narrow the candidate pool quickly and effectively with the help of the tools present in today’s market.
Recruitment tools offer a variety of options with respect to applying AI ML to narrow down candidate search, storing candidates information, target messaging, identifying passive candidates, and creating a single view that can be integrated applicant tracking system of the recruiters.
Oorwin’s AI-powered ATS provides all the above-mentioned features to help you rank the candidates according to the job requirements and skills, and reach out to the candidates for the next steps.
- Posting jobs on the company’s social media pages with the relevant hashtags, job requirements
- Employees and followers share the jobs posted with their network
- Identifying potential candidates on sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
- Sending in mail/ direct messages to potential candidates
- Highlight organization structure and culture with employee photos and videos, to build trust and encourage candidates to apply
- Grow reach on all social media pages to make it more likely for people to visit your page frequently and apply for the open positions
So, now that you know how does social recruitment works, let us understand the most popular social media platforms used for the same.
Which Social Media Platforms to use?
There are many social media platforms in today’s market, but it is of utmost importance to choose the right platform to attract job seekers and find the right candidates.
A few of the popular social media platforms used for social recruiting are:
All of the above-mentioned platforms offer a wide diversity of features by enabling organizations to share links to open positions, sharing photos and videos which highlight your team’s culture, promote new products and services, search user’s information such as location, skills, interests, etc. It might not be possible for all platforms to offer all the features you require, so it’s up to you to make a choice based on the requirements and choose the right platform.
Moving forward in this article let us look into the benefits of social recruitment.
Benefits of Social Recruiting
By now you might have understood the benefits of social recruiting, but let me mention them in a crisp manner for you to follow. With social media recruitment you can:
- Reach out to a vast number of passive candidates who aren’t active on job boards
- Identify candidates with the required skills and the basic requirements
- Provide easy access to communicate with your network about the current job openings
- Promote and display your team and company culture to build trust and promote employer branding
- Helps the hiring team establish a personal connection with candidates
- Spread information about your organization and current job openings
- Reach out to a varied diversity of candidates personas with a single-click
- Source targeted candidates with lesser cost and faster in time when compared to traditional methods (like TV, newspapers, radio ads, etc.)
Moving forward, let us understand the best practices to implement a successful social recruitment strategy.
Social Recruiting Best Practices
Every company decides its own social media recruitment strategy based on its employment requirements. But, from a generic view here are a few of the best practices that will ensure a good social recruiting strategy.
- Engage with your potential candidates and respond to them in a personalized manner
- Implement various types of content on different platforms. Ex, on Instagram you can post employer branding videos and on LinkedIn, you can post polls
- Highlight company culture through your posts
- Research on where do your ideal candidates spend time
- Encourage your employees to give referrals and share the opportunities in their networks
- Monitor and optimize your social media platforms regularly
- Consistently post on social media platforms to engage your potential candidates
Now, that you know what is Social Recruitment and how to implement it, let me give you an overview of the implementation of social recruiting through Oorwin.
Social Recruiting with Oorwin
Oorwin is an all-in-one AI-powered recruiting platform for staffing & consulting firms. Oorwin’s Integrated platform enables organizations to increase recruiter productivity and improve the quality of hire, with the help of the functionalities it provides to integrate with Oorwin’s ATS. Recruiters are provided with options to connect Oorwin ATS with Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google social media accounts.
So, to integrate the same you have to log in to your Oorwin account -> Click on your Profile -> Click on My Profile & Preferences -> Under Personal Details -> You will find Social Media Accounts -> Click on the Social Media channel you wish to connect -> Enter your credentials -> Click on Save.
With this, we come to an end to this article on Social Recruiting. So, if you are interested to know more about Oorwin’s products and implement social recruitment with us, take a product tour today or contact us on +91-8977801805 / USA: +1877-766-7946 to talk to our product advisors.